- Environmental Agents
- Conditions other than indoor air contaminants that cause
stress, comfort, and/or health problems (e.g., humidity
extremes, drafts, lack of air circulation, noise, and
- Environmental Tobacco Smoke (ETS)
- Mixture of smoke from the burning end of a cigarette, pipe, or
cigar and smoke exhaled by the smoker (also secondhand smoke
(SHS) or passive smoking).
- Applied science that investigates the impact of people's
physical environment on their health and comfort (e.g.,
determining the proper chair height for computer operators).
- Exhaust Ventilation
- HVAC term for mechanical removal of air from a portion of a
building (e.g., piece of equipment, room, or general area).